180+ Common Errors for Class 10 | SEBA

Hey! Are you peeking for Common Errors for class 10 ? In this article we have handed over 180+ common errors with solved answers to enhance your exam preparation.

Common Errors For Class 10

 

Common Errors for Class 10

 1.The lion is strong animal.

The lion is a strong animal.

2. They have a good news for us.

They have good news for us.


3. I have read the Sankardeva's Kirtan.

I have read Sankardeva's Kirtan


4.He is a M.A. in English.

 He is an M.A. in English


5.I spent hundred rupees.

I spent a hundred rupees.


6.Whole of India mourned the death of Indira Gandhi.

 The whole of India mourned the death of Indira Gandhi,


7.Who is more intelligent of the two sisters.

Who is the more intelligent of the two sisters.


8.Fire broke out in our locality yesterday.

A fire broke out in our locality yesterday.


9.He is Copernicus in education.

He is a Copernicus in education.


10. Late Maneswar Bezbaruah was a kind hearted man.

The late Maneswar Bezbaruah was a kind hearted man.


11.We started for Mumbai next day.

We started for Mumbai the next day.


12.There is no place on the bench.

There is no room on the bench. 


13.My house is at Jagara.

My home is at Jagara.


14. Her hairs are long.

Her hair is long


15.He came by the 7.30 O'clock train. 

He came by the 7.30 train.


16.Dipankar obtained full mark in English. 

Dipankar obtained full marks in English


17. I got the informations about the accident.

 I got the information about the accident.


18. I do not take my meal at home.

I do not take my meals at home.


19. The judge passed order for his release.

The judge passed orders for his release.


20.He got the new poetry by heart.

He got the new poem by heart.


21.He took insult at your remark.

He took offence at your remark


22. I enjoyed the theatre.

I enjoyed the play.


23. Good night sir, have a seat. 

Good evening sir, have a seat


24. One must love his friends..

One must love one's friends.


25. It is one of the exceptional cases that call for immediate attention.

It is one of the exceptional cases that calls for immediate attention.


26. None but the brave deserve praise. 

None but the brave deserves praise.


27. My house is bigger than Ram.

My house is bigger than that of Ram


28. The weather of Assam suits me.

The climate of Assam suits me.


29. I gave him two breads.

I gave him two loaves


30. My house is bigger than Ram.

My house is bigger than that of Ram

Or,

My house is bigger than Ram's. 


31.Nayana is taller than me.

Nayana is tatter than I.


32. Don't pride on your beauty.

Don't pride yourself on your beauty.


33. It is you who is to be blamed.

It is you who are to be blamed.



34. My house is built of bricks.

My house is built of brick.


35. Always keep your cloths clean.

Always keep your clothes clean.


36. A summon was served on him.

A summons was served on him.


37. Years after years passed by.

Year after year passed by.


38. I have strong headache.

I have a bad headache.


39. He is a reputed teacher.

He is a teacher of repute.


40.  Diganta is elder than Gitarthu.

Diganta is older than Gitartha.


41. There are no less than fifty boys here.

There are no fewer than fifty boys here.


42. I want a copy of the last edition of the book.

I want a copy of the latest edition of the book.


43. Many a men attended the meeting.

Many a man attended the meeting.


44. This is more preferable to that.

This is preferable to that.


45. You can not be able to do this.

You can not do this.

Or, 

You will not be able to do this.


46. He has come here yesterday.

He came here yesterday.


47. He was told that he will get the job. 

He was told that he would get the job.


48. Many were injured and only one killed.

Many were injured and only one was killed.


49. He talks English well.

He speaks English well.


50. See the word in the dictionary.

Look up the word in the dictionary.


51. The doctor saw her pulse.

The doctor felt her pulse.


52. Keep the book on the table.

Put the book on the table.


53. He will give the B.A. Examination this year.

He will appear at the B.A. Examination this year.


54. He has taken admission into Cotton College.

He has been admitted into Colton College.


55. I will live at Guwahati for two weeks.

I shall stay at Guwahati for two weeks.


56.  No sooner I reached there a heavy shower came down. 

No sooner had I reached there than a heavy shower came down.


57. Baisung Bhutia gave three goals. 

Baisung Bhutia scored three goals.


58. Rahman did a mistake.

Rahman made a mistake.


59. I expect to succeed.

I hope to succeed.


60. I have already taken my meals.

 I have already had my meals.


61. The boy likes his mother.

The boy loves his mother.


62. I am somewhat well today.

I am fairly well today.


63. He does not know to swim.

He does not know how to swim.


64. This is a most unique opportunity.

This is a unique opportunity.


65. He is not as hard working as you. 

He is not so hard working as you.


66. He saw me long before.

He saw me long ago.


67. The president gave the prizes.

The president gave away the prizes.


68. Her mother left back a huge property.

 Her mother left behind a huge property.



69. We should refrain to do evil.

We should refrain from doing evil.


70.  He insisted me to go there.

He insisted on my going there.


71. I was prevented to go there.

 I was prevented from going there.


72. I was right to hold that opinion. 

I was right in holding that opinion.


73. There is no excuse to be idle.

There is no excuse for being idle.


74. They discussed about the matter.

They discussed the matter.


75.  Bidisha resembles to her father.

Bidisha resembles her father.


76. The professor entered into the classroom.

The professor entered the classroom.


77. Napoleon wanted to dominate over the whole of Europe.

Napoleon wanted to dominate the whole of Europe. 


78. The officer ordered for his dismissal.

The officer ordered his dismissal.


79. I do not understand what you are talking.

I do not understand what you are talking about.


80. He came and returned to Delhi.

He came from and returned to Delhi.


81. Don't pick up a quarrel.

Don't pick a quarrel.


82. Now you are tired, you may rest a while. 

Now that you are tired, you may rest a while.


83.  As I was ill, so I could not go.

As I was ill, I could not go.



84. I asked him that why he had not gone there.

I asked him why he had not gone there.


85. He availed the opportunity.

 He availed himself of the opportunity.


86. Do not lose your heart in the face of danger. 

Do not lose heart in the face of danger.


87. Divide this in three parts.

Divide this into three parts.


88. I am very popular to my students.

I am very popular with my students.


89. I do not speak with him.

I am not on speaking terms with him.


90. This is a case where I must differ to you.

This is a case where I must differ from you.


100. Of all other kings Solomon was the wisest. 

Of all kings Solomon was the wisest.


101. This watch is superior and more expesive than that.

This watch is superior to and more expensive than that.


102. I always have and always shall be your friend.

I always have been and always shall be your friend.


103. The boy took his birth in a rich family.

The boy was born in a rich family.


104. All the patients have been admitted and received attention.

All the patients have been admitted and have received attention.


105. He laid for half an hour unconsious.

He lay unconsious for half an hour. 


106. You should give attention to your lessons.

You should pay attention to your lessons.


107. His brother has passed the B.A. Examination in this year.

His brother has passed the B.A. Examination this year.


108. He took recourse to unfair means. 

He had recourse to unfair means.


109. He kept the important papers in a small box.

He put the important papers in a small box.


110. The reason for his absence is due to fever.

The reason for his absence is fever.


111. He was bound to foot and hand.

He was bound foot and hand.


112. I am very interested in your story.

I am much interested in your story.


113. His fate shakes in the balance.

 His fate hangs in the balance.


114. He was appointed and dismissed from the post on the same day.

He was appointed to and dismissed from the post on the same day.


115. I have an urgent business with you.

I have an urgent piece of business with you. 


116. His both brothers are intelligent.

 Both his brothers are intelligent.


117. I have read the book that you gave me yesterday with great interest.

I have read with great interest the book that you gave me yesterday.


118. He turned every stone to get the job.

He left no stone unturned to get the job.


119. I tried with heart and soul.

I tried heart an soul.


120. He shook my hand.

He shook hand with me.


121. They settled their differences out of the door. 

They settled their differences out of door. 


122. I shall inform this to him. 

I shall inform him of this


123. I have nothing to say on the contrary.

I have nothing to say to the contrary.


124. He took admission last year. 

He got admission last year.


125. He is confined in bed.

He is confined to bed.


126. He robbed money from the passer-by.

 He robbed money of the passer-by.


127. Neither his brother nor his son were willing to go.

Neither his brother nor his son was willing to go.


128. Those kind of people are to be avoided. 

Those kinds of people are to be avoided.


129. He lost his temper and hitted him on the head.

He lost his temper and hit him on the head.


130. Our English syllabus comprises of prose, poetry, and drama.

Our English syllabus comprises prose, poetry, and drama.


131. He was resolved of going to the front.

He was resolved on going to the front.


132. Until you remain idle you will make no progress. 

As long as you remain idle you will make no progress.


133. I wish I was dead.

I wish I were dead.


134. Unless you don't walk fast you will miss the train.

 Unless you walk fast you will miss the train.


135. The train is running in time.

The train is running to time.


136. He is devoted to gambling.

He is addicted to gambling.


137.  He was friendly with me long before.

He was on friendly terms with me long ago.


138. He says good English.

He speaks good English.


139. My father was absent from this place from Friday last.

My father has been absent from this place since Friday last.


140. I request your favour in coming here. 

I request the favour of your coming here.


141. He caught him in the neck and dealt him a sound thrashing.

He caught him by the neck and gave him a sound trashing.


142. He is determined in ruining him.

He is determined on ruining him.


143. I saw a bad dream last night.

I dreamt a bad dream last night.


144. He had hardly gone than his friend came.

Hardly had he gone when his friend came.


145. Even such a strong man like him could lift the box.

Even such a strong man as he could not lift the box.


146. One of his family members is dead.

A member of his family is dead.


147. He was hung for murder.

He was hanged for murder.


148. He was so coward that he never came back.

He was so cowardly that he never came back.


149. Two negatives destroyed one other.

Two negatives destroyed each other.


150.  He is always capable for doing hard work.

He is always capable of doing hard work.


151. He scarcely reached the hill top before the tiger seized him. 

Scarcely had he reached the hill top when the tiger seized him.


152. I forbid you from going there. 

I forbid you to go there.


153. Compare his answer to mine.

Compare his answer with mine.


154. Your fault admits no excuse.

Your fault admits of no excuse.


155. I prefer to write than to read.

 I prefer writing to reading.


156. The climate of Guwahati is hotter than Shillong. 

The climate of Guwahati is hotter than that of Shillong (or than the climate of Shillong).


157. I congratulated him for his success.

I congratulated him on his success.


158. The two men divided the money among them.

The two men divided the money between them.


159. He stared me at the face.

He stared me in the face.


160. I gave him a chair to sit.

I gave him a chair to sit on.


161.  He ordered for a cup of tea.

He ordered a cup of tea.


162. My brother lives in a boarding.

My brother lives in a boarding house.


163. My friend accompanied with me to the station.

My friend accompanied me to the station. 


164. I have not heard from you long since.

It has been long since I heard from you.


165. Tell me what is your name.

Tell me what your name is.


166. The sun will not rise before an hour. 

The sun will not rise within an hour.


167. Open page 5 of your book.

Open at page 5 of your book..


168. He was elected as the president. 

He was elected the president.


169. He is a student of three years Degree Course.

He is a student of three year Degree Course.


170. I was granted leave of four days.

 I was granted leave for four days.


171. This time an examiner from another college will see our answer scripts.

This time an examiner from another college will look over. (or

examine) our answer scripts.


172. He filled water in the bucket.

He filled the bucket with water.


173. This gentleman was my neighbour seven years before.

This gentleman had been my neighbour seven years ago.


174. I suggested him to go home. 

I suggested that he should go home.


175. I shall write to you when I shall reach Kolkata.

I shall write to you when I shall have reached Kolkata.


176. If you will work hard you are sure to win a prize.

If you work hard you are sure of winning a prize.


177. Mix the powder with little water.

Mix the powder with a little water.


178. He could not avail the opportunity. 

He could not avail himself of the opportunity. 


179. Each of the boys were bad.

Each of the boys was bad.


180. He worked hard that he may pass the examination.

 He worked hard that he might pass the examination.


181. There is no girl's college in our locality.

There is no girls' college in our locality.


182. He refused that he had said this.

 He denied that he had said this.


183. I shall await for your return.

 I shall await your return.


183. I shall comply your request.

I shall comply with your request.


184. He is working for the upliftment of the rural people. 

He is working for the uplift of the rural people.


185. He was present in the court to give witness.

He was present in the court to give evidence,


186. I doubt him to be the thief.

 I suspect him to be the thief.


187. The country will be perished if people don't work hard. 

The country will perish if people don't work hard.


Conclusion

We are glad to provide you with common errors for class 10. Share the article with your friends and best regards for your examination. Thank you! 


Post a Comment

0 Comments